Labels

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Welcome to our new blog!

Linda & I have been hard at work transitioning Yolinna Spirit into Imagine Yoga & Wellness Center. So many details to attend to!  We thank you for your loyalty and patience as we work on streamlining our registration processes and expand our offerings. Linda & I will both be posting on this blog and we invite you to join the conversation.

Although many of you know me from Linda's yoga classes, many of you I am meeting for the first time. Let me tell you a little more about myself.

I am a hometown girl, having grown up in the Kenilworth section and graduating from Bowie High School in 1982.  My first career was as an English and special education teacher in Prince George's county.  After having three beautiful kids, my career evolved into journalism, writing and editing and even selling ads for several local publications.

The stress from those jobs, three kids, and a divorce are what led me to try yoga in Linda's classes at my church, CCPC.  Before long, I became addicted to the relaxation and deep stretching that comes from a regular yoga practice. As my strength and flexibility increased, so did my friendship with Linda. Through her encouragement, I began to pursue yoga teacher certification and continue to hone my skills as a Certified Yoga Teacher.

With Linda's guidance, I began exploring other avenues of self-awareness like tarot cards, studying with Linda, reading books, and attending workshops. I have met many of you at the tarot events I have hosted in my home.

Before long, I tried reiki healing with Linda and felt the balance that reiki provides.  When she began offering her attunement series, I signed up and am growing in my practice as a reiki healer.

So now I am on to exploring SoulCollage as Linda and I have joined in this business partnership.  I look forward to sharing my thoughts as I continue on my journey, and I look forward to hearing from you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment