Labels

Friday, December 17, 2010

Reiki Healing

The last 2 weeks have been very busy with Reiki appointments.  Reiki is great for stress reduction and try as we may, we do get caught up in holiday frenzy; my regular clients know that Reiki will chill them out, help them relax and remind them of what is really important.  Spending an hour resting on a massage table, with soothing music playing, an aromatherapy pillow over your eyes, having someone hold your hand, can make all the difference in how you approach the nuttiness of the season.  Sometimes it can even make the difference between life and death, sadly. It doesn't matter whether you believe in the Reiki or not, whether you meditate or sleep, or whether you talk and laugh or even cry through the whole hour.  It seems to work no matter how much we try and get in the way!

The blessing of Reiki is that it works for both the Healer and the client.  I've been REALLY stressed lately, Ann & I have had some big decisions to make with our new partnership, I really think the Reiki has saved us!  When we pray for our client, we pray to be a conduit or a channel, allowing the energy to flow through us into wherever the client needs it.  Since it's not our energy, we can't help but be healed in the process as well.  Many times I will come into an appointment feeling depleted... and come out rejuvenated and energized, what a gift!  The prayer is for the highest intention of the highest good, that we may both be blessed and blessed we are.

While I LOVE getting a massage, sometimes it feels like work, especially if I am drained or feeling fragile.  Let's face it, when you are already feeling pounded by the world sometimes it's hard to take one more thing.. even a beautiful massage.  Reiki feels more gentle, you are hardly touched, and when you are, it is soothing, loving and kind, which is what most of us hunger for.  Many people are stunned that they are brought to tears, they ask why, they can't figure it out, "what am I crying about?".  It's that deep need to be touched, to be held, to be comforted, unconditionally, without reciprocation, to just receive.  It's my deepest pleasure to see a client finally let go, take a deep breath, and allow themselves to relax and be comforted, it never ceases to bring a smile to my face when I see them release all those years of tension into Reiki bliss.

You really should try it yourself sometime :)

Just for today, I will not worry.
Just for today, I will not be angry.
I will be kind to all living creatures.
I will do my work honestly and diligently.
And I will show gratitude for everything.

Reiki Creed~Dr. Usui Sensei

No comments:

Post a Comment